The North Carolina State University breeding program on melon (Cucumis melo), emphasizing specialty melon, was started in 2002 by Todd Wehner.
The objectives of the program are to provide specialty melon, such as Oriental crisp-flesh (Sprite) type, for local industry, as well as information on production for growers in North Carolina and the U.S.
NC State Germplasm Releases
- Available germplasm releases
- Seed transfer agreement (pdf); the agreement is also available in MS Word
- Example royalty agreement (pdf); the agreement is also available in MS Word
- Germplasm Exploration, Evaluation
- Gene Linkage and Gene Stock Collection
- Cultivar development
- Oriental crisp flesh melon (‘Sprite’ type)
- Pickling melon, processing use in U.S.